Reculver and Oare Marshes, North Kent -- Tuesday 28th September 2010

I arrived at Reculver with the intention of seawatching, but the wind had dropped so little was to be seen. A nice surprise though was a Siskin (video clip below).



On seeing three coach loads of schoolchildren arriving, I decided the disturbance was going to be too much so I headed for Oare.

At Oare Marshes reserve, the WHITE RUMPED SANDPIPER initially proved elusive with two different groups of birders claiming to have been watching it at two different locations at the same time.
It eventually materialized on one of the islands near the road - another good tick for the year.







I also had some very good views of Curlew Sandpipers.






With the White-rumped Sandpiper now on my year list it was 'mission accomplished'.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment